Create your wedding reception itinerary from the sample wedding reception program below. You can use the customized wedding reception program samples to suit your own wedding. Feel free to change the order around as you see fit. The information below is merely a guide to help get you organized - it is not a set of rules. Accommodate your own customs and specifications by changing the order of the wedding reception to your convenience or preference.
- Guests arrive at the wedding reception, they are greeted by a wedding reception usher and/or the reception manager.
- Guests are either given their table numbers or escorted to their tables. In some cases the guest can look up their own table number and seat themselves.
- The DJ/MC announces that dinner will be served soon and asks your guests to make their way to their seats.
- The bridal party is announced: The Master of Ceremonies introduces the bridal party. First the Bride’s parents, Groom’s parents, the Bridesmaids and Groomsmen, the Maid of Honor and Best Man, then the Ring Bearer and Flower Girl and last of all the Newlyweds.
- At this time the DJ/MC will announce the cutting of the cake (optional).
- The Bride's father makes a short speech and welcomes everyone to the wedding reception and thanks them all for coming.
- First course of dinner is served.
- The Bestman makes a toast to the newly married couple.
- More wedding speeches and stories can be told during and after dinner, to entertain the guests. (Optional)
- The DJ or MC annouces the first dance for the newlyweds.
- After the first dance, the rest of the bridal party is asked to join the dance floor.
- The DJ or MC announces that everyone else can join the dance floor.
- The DJ or MC announces the cutting of the wedding cake.
- The Groom removes and throws the wedding garter. (Optional)
- The Brides throws a bouquet, usually a Bridesmaids bouquet. (Optional)
- Wedding cake and coffee or tea is served.
- The newlyweds change into their going away outfits and have another dance. (Optional)
- The newlyweds thank their wedding guests and say their goodbyes
Please don't forget a wedding reception program is an essential overview, not only for your guests but also for your Wedding DJ/MC. It ensures your wedding event is executed in sequence and according to your plans. Nothing is forgotten and nothing left to chance. You have a time limit at the reception, so you can't afford to let certain elements go over time.